Sunday, November 7, 2010

Oh Dear

Ok so after taking a break from Retin-A for unknown reasons (read: laziness) I decided to get back on it. After my second night of applying Retin-A Micro 0.04% my skin started really peeling and so being the type of person who doesn't seem to remember traumatic past experiences I went a little wild exfoliating. And by a little wild I mean I scrubbed in the shower with a muslin cloth, then left my AHA based cleanser on while I soaped up and I may or may not have used Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control scrub for about 7 seconds before feeling like someone had poured acid on my face.

In a matter of 5 minutes I did some serious damage to my skin. First off I looked like someone had struck my forehead with one of those suction-cup arrows and the rest of my face was just horribly red and blotchy. Secondly, my 20 year old face felt like it had a face-lift. My face was painfully tight; like I wanted to laugh but I actually couldn't and that made me want to cry but I couldn't do that either. It was just terrible.

It's been about 4 days since the "incident" and I'm still recovering. I've just been applying moisturizer like crazy and avoiding all topical RX's and keeping my cleansing super simple with a soap-free cleanser. My skin isn't that red anymore, but it's got this very odd texture now so I guess I damaged my skins natural barrier. Hopefully it'll all be good in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment