Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Current Skin Care Routine


Here's a little description of my skin. To put it simply my skin is crazy. It's oily yet it gets dry sometimes, it's sensitive yet I have to exfoliate several times a week, I don't get pimples unless it's that time of the month yet I have a major blackhead issue on my nose.

During my teen years I had amazing skin. In all honestly it was probably the best my skin had ever been. Everyone else was dealing with pimples while I was just cruising along. Then the summer after I graduate my skin goes all crazy and starts breaking out like crazy on my cheeks and jaw. I have no idea why this happened and so after trying to deal with the acne using drugstore products for almost a year I decided to visit a dermatologist.

In a matter of 3 months he had my skin all cleared up. 3 MONTHS. THAT'S IT! I should disclose that the antibiotics he gave me work on malaria as well and they left me feeling nauseous every morning. But hey my skin looked great!

I believe in using simple products; all those products with words like oxygen replenishing and regenerating just go over my head. Also, since I'm in college I tend to keep it very basic because
1) I don't have time
2) I don't have space to store a bunch of product.

Now finally here's the good part.

Cleansers:
-SkinCeutical Simply Clean
-SFC Lotion Gentle Soap Free Cleanser
-CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Moisturizers:
-CeraVe Cream
-Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream for Wrinkles

Exfoliant:
-Neutrogena Stress Control Oil-Free Power-Clean Scrub

Prescriptions:
-Retin A Micro 0.04% Gel
-Duac


Lookout for reviews of the following products in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment