Monday, November 29, 2010

Abandoned

School, exams, Thanksgiving, family, traveling. I just had so much going on that I abandoned my little blog, but I'm back and I've decided to share a few of the goodies I purchased over the break.

1) I bought a curling "wand" from Ulta for $30 because I felt inspired by my Thanksgiving dinner hairstyle; beachy voluminous waves. Even though I love the pin-straight look from the keratin treatment those waves were gorgeous. I've never used a curling iron let alone a curling "wand" so I'm not sure how this is going to workout, but I'm hoping for the best. Maybe I'll attempt to do my hair some time this week and post a picture?

2) CeraVe PM moisturizer. I love CeraVe; it's one of those brands that's not gimmicky and really simply. They have like 6 products: 2 cleansers, 2 creams/lotions and an AM and PM product. I've tried their cream, hydrating cleanser and pm moisturizer and I've loved all three. I decided to repurchase a bottle of the pm moisturizer because I left mine at my sister's place over the summer and since I go there at least once every six months I don't really see the point of her brining a bottle of $10 lotion for me across international borders.... Anyways about the PM moisturizer. It apparently exfoliates your skin and makes it more tolerable to retinoids (which if you read my past posts will know gave me a chemical burn!).

3) Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash. Yes, I have back acne. It used to be REALLY bad when I was younger to the point that I wouldn't wear my hair up while wearing dresses or tank-tops, but over the years it has gotten better because of ProActive (only use it on my back because it destroyed my face). I decided to try the Neutrogena body wash because it has salicylic acid which is great for acne and it acts as a general exfoliant all-over which is great for me because my skin needs a lot of exfoliation.

4)Clinique toner in level 4. I think I've been super stressed from school and life which directly affects my skin. I have a few really deep bumps along my jaw right now with no head and a few older bumps on my cheek and those pesky little white-heads all-over. I would basically call my situation a hot mess at the moment. But my sister said it has salicylic acid and so hopefully that'll help clear things up in time for Christmas.

That's all for now! Hope everyone has a lovely week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment