Sunday, October 31, 2010

Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy by Peter Coppola

Getting the "Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy" aka a keratin treatment was one of the best decisions I ever made. It's seriously up there on the list with laser hair removal and attending a formal college 2 years after my high school graduation. 

Before getting the keratin treatment I always thought I had smooth voluminous hair. But now that I've seen what truly smooth hair looks like I'm starting to think my hair used to be a hot a mess. In all honesty, if I were to put myself any sort of hair category it would be bouncy/wavy with some fly-aways. 

I've never had my hair coloured or high-lighted, so staying in a salon for HOURS felt so strange. The entire process took about 4 hours on my hair, which is past my shoulders. Although they say it doesn't have fumes I'm gonna have to disagree with that. When they were flat-ironing the pieces around my face my eyes started burning and watering from the chemicals. 

At the salon they'll tell you the treatment last up-to 3 months. I got it done mid-may and went back for my second treatment at the very end of October; about 5 months later. The first time I got it done at a very expensive salon in Canada and it cost ~$500. The second time in Texas I paid ~$300 and the third time it cost ~$300. I'm actually going in for another treatment this November and I've convinced my sister to get it done as well. 

Here's the whole process you go through at the salon:
via colorbykatiejones




  1. Wash your hair 
  2. Blow-dry your hair completely
  3. Part your hair and start applying the solution all over 
  4. Put a cap on your hair and leave the solution to bind for ~20-30 minutes
  5. Flat-iron small sections of your hair and once your whole head has been flat-ironed you're all done.


via savemoneyblogs

**AFTER-CARE**
  • You cannot get your hair wet for 72 hours after the treatment. Even sweating will cause the hair to revert back to it's original shape. If you do get your hair wet blow-dry and flat iron it as soon as possible. 
  • You must use a sodium-chloride free shampoo. Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy has it's own brand of hair products you may want to purchase.
  • If you go swimming rinse your hair afterwards to get the chlorine or salt-water out of your hair. 








No comments:

Post a Comment